Universities Human Resources (UHR) is the key organisation for HR professionals in higher education in the UK.
Through the end of 2015 and start of 2016, Pickle Jar were commissioned to develop a communications strategy for UHR. The strategy aimed to raise the profile of the HR profession within the sector, influence sector policy relating to HR professionals, and attract and retain talent into the HR profession with HE.
The strategy was completed in Spring 2016 and an implementation approach was discussed and agreed. From here, UHR decided to retain Pickle Jar to support with on-going implementation.
During this time, we have supported with:
- the establishment of a communications working group (made up of UHR members) to steer the development of communications activity
- the creation and management of a new UHR blog with content contributions from members including guidelines for contributors
- development of UHR style guidelines for all communications activity
- management of social media channels including creation of a new LinkedIn page and group
- copy-editing support for regular e-newsletters and website content
- attendance and social media coverage of UHR’s annual 4-day conference
- promotion and attendance at the annual UHR Awards for Excellence including live social media coverage
- creation of a new website redevelopment brief, and supporting a website redevelopment project